Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Forest, Happy Feet

Today I finished my "work socks" (meaning, the sock project I work on at the office). This is my second pair of Sidestream Socks, one of the new "sockitectures" from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters, Book One. (To see the first pair, check Flickr or Ravelry.) I love how simple and elegant this structure is.

This pair knit really quickly, probably because it's mostly stockinette (when was the last time I knit a stockinette sock?) and because the midfoot stitch count is only 56 (normally I knit socks at 72 or thereabouts). They fit like a glove. Cat's master numbers work! I chose the whirlpool toe, which is pretty, and the reinforced heel.

I adore this Dream in Color Smooshy sock yarn. It's soft and springy (4-ply merino), with plenty of color variation (for a semi-solid) but NO POOLING. I tire of pooling.

In spinning news, I finished filling a bobbin last night. I'll start another tonight and work toward plying again. The new bobbin is much smoother than what I did last week.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Great work and very interesting about the fewer # of stitches.

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon's right -- cool blog! I need to investigate this Cat Bordhi thing. Your socks are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete