Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This wine is cozy

This is the second felted wine bottle cozy that I've made for my dad for Christmas. The first one was made out of stash yarn, and it just wasn't right for him - too bright. So... I ordered special yarn for this manly version. This is made from two strands of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Kettle Dyed in colors Gold and Auburn. The free pattern is from the Dropped a Stitch blog (I located it using Ravelry).

The wine is from our newest local place, Hauser Estate Winery. Next time you visit, we can go for a tour/tasting! I bought this bottle downtown, and when I went in, I was treated to a sample. This particular kind ("Devil's Den") is supposed to go well with either meat or dessert. To prove it, the salesperson had me sip a little wine, eat some dark chocolate, and then drink more wine. Mmmmmm. It tasted like chocolate cherry cordials.

This was so fast and easy to knit. I can see making a few to have on hand for hostess gifts (filled with a bottle, of course). What a great way to use up stash yarn, too! I may save my brightly colored one for a summertime host/ess gift.

There are lots of patterns for wine cozies, or wine bags. This one from Patons came across my email box recently - it has several wine bag patterns, some felted, some not. Check it out! The chevron patterned one is particularly festive and fancy.

1 comment:

  1. This turned out really cute. I love this as a hostess gift! What a great way to use up the leftover brown sheep once I tire of knitting mini-hats!

    Thanks for the links to the patterns. I am absolutely going to keep this on file.

    I hope you dad loves it.

    ReplyDelete