Friday, March 6, 2009

Sock progress - undulating #1

Here is Undulating Rib Sock #1, finished and blocked. It's so much easier to see the pattern when it is blocked (or on a foot).

I still find the color striping a bit distracting but overall, I like the socks. I've decided to do my next sock in the exact same pattern - only with Dream in Color Smooshy in color "spring tickle." Seems timely - today is jacket weather, not coat weather, here where I live.

I've knit with Smooshy before and loved it, and I got this great color for my birthday last October. Since I already know this pattern, it will make for good travel and conference knitting. Same cast-on number, same needles, same everything.

I'm not sure if undulating rib will go with me to Seattle or not - I turned the heel on sock #2 yesterday, so they are pretty close to the finish line.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're not letting the striping bother you. I think it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the striping does look striking. Is the other sock doing the same thing?

    ReplyDelete