Monday, March 30, 2009

Socks Sad - Bag Glad!

I started another pair of office socks last week - the ones that were my backup travel knitting project in Seattle. The yarn: Knit Picks Essential in a deep blue. The pattern: Not Plain Jane's Hedgerow socks. The pattern is a simple 4 round repeat; rounds 1-2 are identical, as are rounds 3-4. This is a simple rib variation - just knits and purls.
For some reason it just wasn't working for me. The meeting room where I do a lot of my office knitting isn't terribly bright, and I had a really hard time reading my knitting with the dark yarn. Worse still, I wasn't in love with the pattern - at least not with this solid yarn. So I'm going to rip it! I've started a new pair of socks for Boy 1 (who has outgrown all his handknit socks) instead.
I've been carrying them around in this adorable bag made by Sew Bendy (link to Etsy site). See how it closes, by putting the long strap through the short one? So easy, so cute.Inside there is one pocket and a snap loop for guiding one's yarn. Here's a peek under the hood: I've been getting lots of comments on it. Thanks, Sew Bendy!




4 comments:

  1. Yay! Melissa does awesome work, doesn't she? The bag is lovely. But don't be dissin' the dark yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Steven forwarded your blog post to me and I am thrilled to know you love your bag! It is quite possibly my favorite of all the bags I've made. And it thrills me to no end to know that my friend's friend bought it. What a small world, huh? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an awesome bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric and colors!

    ReplyDelete