Monday, August 17, 2009

Inverse Unpadded Footlets

IMG_4193

Don’t these look familiar?  I made them once before:

IMG_3531 Modifications:

  • I added 6 rounds to the cuff to make this shorty sock a little bit longer (I did that last time, too)
  • I used the same yarns but reversed them
  • I skipped the padding on the heel (I skipped the padding on most of the sole last time; this time it was gone altogether)
  • I replaced the stockinette panel in the heel flap with a slipped stitch pattern
  • I made the cuff stripe and the toe stripe match, at 3 rounds each
  • I used the star toe to finish
IMG_4194

I think the lace panel on the heel flap is very attractive but am skeptical that it will hold up well.  Time will tell!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you made two pairs of socks that are negatives of each other. Like one pair is from a possibly evil alternative universe. It would be easier to tell if one of them had a goatee...

    These look awesome, but I'm right with you on the lacy heel strength skepticism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really cool looking Janelle! I like them a lot. I think this solves one of the dilemmas I have with knitting multi-colored socks. I refuse to have any wastes, and this prevents waste.

    I'm also jealous that you were at a workshop with Cookie. I would love to hear the specific strategies at some point.

    ReplyDelete