Saturday, October 3, 2009

FO – Mother Outlaw Socks

Here they are.  These have been finished for a week, but I’ve had poor photography conditions.  I always forget how quickly the light patterns change here at this time of the year.

The pattern is “Uptown Boot Socks” from Favorite Socks.  I used the stitch pattern but inserted my usual slipped stitch heel and round toe.

IMG_4506Closeup of the stitch pattern – it’s just a cable cross (always the same direction) offset to make a checkerboard pattern:IMG_4509I really liked working with this yarn.  It is a one-of-a-kind hand-dyed hank by the Purl Up and Dye ladies at Purlescence Yarns (I picked it up at Sock Summit), and it’s dyed on the Cascade Heritage yarn base.  Cascade Heritage sounds like a typical 75% superwash merino 25% nylon blend, but it feels more luxurious to me.  The hand is a bit heavy and soft, as if it included a bit of alpaca, perhaps.  It really is lovely.  A scarf knit from it caught my eye at The Mannings booth at Knitters’ Day Out.  I’ll probably knit with it again sometime.  Just look at those pretty heathered solids!  (Steven, I see both green AND gray…)  They have a few nice handpainted colorways, too.

I should also note that Heritage comes in a generous 437 yard hank.  I have 26 grams remaining of mine.

Another Christmas gift DONE!

1 comment:

  1. Pusher! These turned out great and I think you picked exactly the right color. She'll love 'em!

    ReplyDelete