Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hooray, Tesserae, Jr.

I finished a pair of Tesserae socks for my 5-year-old friend, Anna:IMG_5413

These went even faster than the ones I made for myself, as I only cast on 48 stitches.  The yarn is Dream in Color Starry (the Smooshy yarn base with silver sparkles) in colorway “Cocoa Kiss.”  Maybe you can see the sparkles a little better in my old stash photo?Dream in Color Starry

Anna was abroad all last fall.  Before she left in August, she made a point of telling me that her previous pair of handknit socks was too small.  I told her I would make her another pair when she got back – what color did she like?  She surprised me with “black.”

But okay, sure, black!  I got sparkly black to be on the safe side (thanks to Twisted’s awesome inventory at Sock Summit).

When I saw her again earlier this month, I said “I have some yarn to show you.  Do you remember what color you said you wanted before you left?” and she said “PINK?”  Uh-oh. 

Luckily, the sparkles won her over.  She happily tripped out of my house wearing her new socks today.

Maybe I should start one of those big thermometer thingies to keep track of how much of my Sock Summit yarn I’ve knit. Let’s see, I think I came home with enough for 10 new pairs.  I’ve already knit the StitchJones Glam Sock, Kitchen Sink Dyeworks Luxe Merino Fine, Purl Up & Dye, and Dream in Color Starry. 4 down, 6 to go.

I haven’t started the Starry Deck the Ball yet, but I promise that I will soon.  (you know who you are!)  :)

2 comments:

  1. These look great. You are funny about the ornament! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess she's grown out of her goth phase. But sparkles trump all! These look great.

    ReplyDelete