Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Peruvia Shalom?

Now that Sharon’s Peruvia sweater is done, I’m anxious to have one for myself – but maybe instead of a full sweater, how about one of those short-sleeved cardi thingies that folks are wearing now? 

The yarn I have for myself is Berroco Peruvia in color 7127, Palomino Blue:Berroco PeruviaThe pattern I’m considering is Shalom (Ravelry link).  Readers, what do you think?

image On the Bada Bing sweater, my gauge was:

Before blocking: 14 st and 19 rows = 4”
After blocking: 15 st and 20.5-21 rows = 4”

This pattern calls for 13 st and 20 rows in 4”, after blocking.  I’m pretty close.

Is this do-able?

4 comments:

  1. It's totally do-able. Do it!

    Oh, and Shalom chaverim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is really cute. Totally do-able. I agree with Steven, go for it.

    Do you think that this cut will accentuate your abdomen? Just something to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is totally do-able. It's been on my queue for a long time now. The yarn is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to chime in here from the anti-short-sleeved sweater camp (couldn't decide where to put those damned hyphens). I could vote in favor if you extend the sleeves to 3/4 length. Do love the yarn, however!

    ReplyDelete