Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hats off to fall

I finished my warm, wooly hat made with patent stitches.  This is a total copy of the hat I made for Ed last Christmas.  It is a donation for the Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve Annual Auction, which is in October.  Can’t you envision someone striding down a hiking trail wearing this?IMG_7179

I learned this patent stitch technique from Merike Saarnit at Knitters’ Day Out 2009.  It is really cool.  The resulting fabric is squishy and smushy and very warm.

The yarn is Malabrigo Worsted, which is a very, very soft singles yarn.  It should feel great on someone’s head.

…and I still have more yarn!  This hat weighs 73 grams.  I have 38 grams remaining of the light green yarn, and 29 grams of the dark green (total 67 grams).  I could probably squeeze another hat out if I made it just a bit shorter or narrower.  That’s great value from my original two balls of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment