Sunday, October 10, 2010

FO: Butternut Scarf!

I bought yarn and pattern for this project at Sock Summit in 2009 (Glory Days DK weight BFL, dyed by Briar Rose Fibers, pattern by Anne Hanson) and cast on last October.  Somehow I got very sidetracked and only just now finished it.  Still, just in time for fall!IMG_7229 I tend to like my scarves on the long side, and I figured there wasn’t much point in saving leftover yarn, so I kept going for a while.  The finished, blocked scarf is 9.5” wide and 79” long.IMG_7252 This is my first real lace piece and it needed to be blocked seriously, as lace does.  Luckily, my friend Gretchen has blocking wires, which I borrowed for this task.IMG_7212I also had a heck of a time photographing this.  I’m not sure the colors are done justice in these pictures.  Come visit, and I’ll show you my scarf!IMG_7232

1 comment: