The Pamuya shawl I made my mom for Christmas this year is off the needles and blocked! With Nathalie’s help, I finally got some decent shots of it. Look how stylishly my French friend models a shawl: I hardly know what to do with a shawl, but she instantly looks elegant, even in a Sunday tee and shorts.
I ran out of yarn and had to leave the last two rows off. Can you tell? The scalloped edge is the bindoff:I used the same stretchy bindoff specified in the Sugared Violets shawl (*K2tog tbl, slip st back to left needle*), which seems to eat up some extra yarn but is worth it. I used every last inch of two balls of Brooks Farm Solo Silk. I ran out with about 20 stitches left to bind off. Luckily, the tail where I changed balls was rather long, so I scavenged from it.The whole thing is 6 feet long on the long side, and 45” long on each of the scallopy edges. It took me a couple of months to finish, but that was with Sock Summit and some other projects along the way. This is a very nice pattern. I highly recommend it. I’ll put this in the Christmas pile…(making sure to hide it from Nathalie, who rather liked it)