Thursday, October 20, 2011

FO: Different Lines

IMG_9972I finally bound off Different Lines at knitting group last night – and I wore it to work today.  This is exactly the right time of year to have a little knitted goodness wrapped up around the neck.

This shawl is a bit tricky to wear, however.  The shape isn’t quite triangular – see?IMG_9978 Fortunately, this sock yarn knit on US 5 needles in garter stitch is very stretchy and drapey, so you can pull it out of shape a little bit.

I love the modern, asymmetrical look – but human bodies are symmetrical, so keeping this thing on takes a bit of doing.  Still, I adore these colors and I’m really pleased with the final result.  Knitting it was mindless fun, too.IMG_9981In other news, my Vodka Gimlet yarn arrived this week.  I need to photograph it so I can share.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love how the color segments match up after it's wrapped around. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete