Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday update

I have a bunch of stuff in the pipeline to share, but only a couple of small things have popped out the end of the pipe.

First off, Kris finished the second of Ed’s socks.  She really got the bad end of this deal, as she knit far more stitches than are in the finished sock.  Hey, it’s all about the learning, right?  I packaged the socks up today and they will begin their journey to Texas tomorrow.

edsockskris IMG_0588

I hope Ed loves them.

Secondly, I finished up a quick headband project for my friend Cinda.  It’s the Parisian Twist headband/ear warmer.  It calls for double stranded Malabrigo Worsted, but I couldn’t find any at my LYS.  So I ordered the new Knit Picks Special Reserve yarn, Full Circle, which is a worsted weight single play.  This is the color “Rock,” which is a very, very deep grey.IMG_0507 The project was quite quick.  I don’t have the button sewn on yet, but I want to do that in person to ensure the best fit.  So for now, it’s done:IMG_0596

IMG_0597 I could have used a similar ear warmer yesterday.  It snowed 2-3” here Friday night, and I took the boys sledding on Saturday afternoon.IMG_0577IMG_0583 IMG_0573 Turns out you don’t even need a sled to go down a hill!

In other news, the Vodka Gimlet sweater is DONE!  And it’s BLOCKED!  But I don’t have photographs yet.  Patience, my friends…

Later today, I’ll ply the Shetland singles.  Oh, did I even tell you about that yet?  See, lots of stuff in the pipeline…

1 comment:

  1. So busy! And so jealous of your wintry weather outdoor fun. Looks like they boys had a blast. You're getting so many project cranked out -- and I LOVE the dark palette throughout this post!

    ReplyDelete