Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sweater: 2011-12 edition

You know me… I’m a one-sweater-a-year type of knitter.  More than that might interfere with my sock knitting.  I finished knitting this several weeks ago but it took a while to block and even longer to photograph.  But finally, I give you… Vodka Gimlet!

IMG_0707You may recall that this yarn colorway is “Barely Birch,” so I posed in front of an actual birch tree so you can compare.  I think “Barely Birch” is a great name for this shade of greige.IMG_0710This sweater has a basic topdown raglan construction, but the details make it stand out. 

IMG_0708 The slipped stitch detail repeats on the neckband, waist, and hem.IMG_0700This 4-ply yarn renders sculptural stitches.  I found myself admiring the simple 2x2 rib at the wrists all day long because it just looks so great in this yarn!

IMG_0701

Do I need to repeat that this yarn is awesome?  Once again, this is Plucky Primo Worsted (75% merino, 20% cashmere, 5% nylon) from The Plucky Knitter.  I fell in love with her yarn at Sock Summit 2011 and ordered this online when she released a kit.IMG_0696 I am very happy with this knit.  I think I could have stopped the raglan seam increases a little bit sooner than I did… and maybe I should have made the neckband a little bit wider… but it’s still a lovely sweater and I’ll wear it often.  I would not hesitate to buy another sweater’s quantity of Plucky yarn. 

Now, back to our regular sock programming… (to continue the tree theme, I’ll have a Hickory update next time)

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful sweater! I’m a one-sweater-every-twenty-years type of knitter, but you have made Vodka Gimlet look so appealing that I'm tempted to knit it before my next scheduled sweater in 2015. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete