Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day

IMG_1158

I like to give or make my mom a little handmade something for Mother’s Day, but sometimes the holiday sneaks up on me.  I can think of more than one occasion when I’ve frantically shopped at MDSW for just the right thing to send her.  Not this year!  I noticed this pincushion pattern last December (it’s Posey and it’s free in Ravelry).  My initial instinct was to whip one up as a Christmas gift – but then reason prevailed and I saved it for Mother’s Day.  My mom is an accomplished quilter and I think she’ll appreciate this.IMG_1157 From this angle, it reminds me of the classic tomato pincushion.  The yarn is from my Julia stash (50% wool, 25% mohair, 25% alpaca, worsted weight) and I found the button in my button jar.  No idea where it came from.  Most of my buttons are just brown or tortoiseshell (obviously from pants – many say Eddie Bauer on them!), but this one is nice.

I’m 99.9% sure Mom doesn’t read this blog, so I’m safe.  Now I get to enjoy it for a few weeks before sending it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment