I’ve recently finished a couple of projects that will feel very warm for S1 next winter.First up: a new scarf. I wove this one on my 12-dent heddle that I got for Mother’s Day. This means there are 12 warp yarns per inch (or 12 “ends per inch”), and it’s perfect for sock yarn. I chose to use this skein of Silkie Socks that Rock that has been marinating in stash since 2008. It was about that time that I began to doubt the wisdom of using this yarn for actual socks, so it has languished. It created such a lovely tweed effect in plain weave. The hemstitch looks great, too:
I just realized that I haven’t shown you how my loom has been transformed. The more I gazed upon its plain birch frame, the more I thought it could use a little pizzazz. So I asked S1 to “art it up.” Here’s what she came up with!S1 could also use a new hat for this fall. I asked her to look through all the hats I have tagged as “favorites” or are in my queue in Ravelry. She picked the Lucy cloche, a different style for her. I used some of my Julia from stash (I am slowly knitting down the big impulse buy I made when it was on sale a few years ago… it’s awesome yarn but I feel kind of guilty that I have so much!) This is a pretty straightforward hat with a contrasting color section worked in a woven stitch… and some short rows that make the part that turns up like on Robin Hood. I actually knit the hat twice, since the first time it came out too big. I really didn’t mind ripping it back since it gave me the chance to improve the pattern. The way it’s written, the color jog is not hidden by the folded up section. I took this photo before ripping:
I’m in the finishing stages of my mom’s green sweater vest. With any luck, I’ll have a finished object to share soon. It has gone so fast that I don’t think I’ve showed you any part of it yet!