Progress has slowed on several fronts, due to a busy schedule at work and knitting/spinning time diluted by many projects. Now that the first year students are all oriented, I hope to accelerate a bit.
However, I managed to turn the heel on this baby yesterday, thanks to one longer meeting (heel flap), a bit of extra time at lunch (heel turn), and a shortish meeting (picking up gusset stitches). That was the daytime progress.
Evening time was spent at the wheel. I have another spinning lesson with Gail Monday evening, and I want to have some of that gray Coopworth (scroll down past the hat) turned into actual yarn before then. I also want to try making a 3-ply yarn for the first time. I have 2 bobbins spun about 2/3 full, and I started the 3rd one last night. I need to finish that today and tomorrow so that I can ply on Sunday and be ready to share on Monday. It's taking me much longer to fill a bobbin now, because my spun thread is getting thinner and thinner. I've been trying to spin this batch a little on the tight side. If the 3-ply works out well, maybe it can be used for sock yarn. We'll see...
I have another kid hat on the needles and nearly finished. It's part of my Knitters' Day Out registration. Classes are coming up in 2 short weeks - I'm really looking forward to that! I should finish up that hat so that I can concentrate more on the Must-Have Cardigan.