Wednesday, July 7, 2010

OBX stripes (or, FO: Beachy Felici)

IMG_6644

Finished the Beachy Felicis today!  These were a quick knit with only 48 stitches around and speedy stockinette.  A short row heel probably would have been more attractive with the striping yarn, but I don’t have that construction memorized and I didn’t have notes with me.  These are done – and I only used 1 ball of yarn (so I have a spare).

I’ve been spinning the Polworth top on my spindle.  I know that seeing singles pile up on a spindle isn’t super exciting, but here’s how it looks now:IMG_6641 I started a pair of socks with Jacob sock yarn, which is a little thicker than fingering.  I’m using 2.25 mm needles.  The stitch pattern is a 10-stitch repeat and the cast-on number is 60 – but this thick yarn made the sock too big so I backed down to 50.  We’ll see how this works out.IMG_6642 Today Boy 1 and I climbed the tallest brick lighthouse in the world – Hatteras Island Lighthouse.  It’s 12 stories tall.  Great view at the top!IMG_6621One last shot of Beachy Felici (I just like saying that): IMG_6650

3 comments:

  1. Love those star(fish?)-toed Beachy Felicis. It looks like you're having a relaxing vacation! And don't downplay the singles -- it looks like you're spinning straw into gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Beachy Felicis! I have a couple of different skeins Felici that I've been looking for a pattern to use with it. Which one did you use? Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mika - No real pattern, just a plain vanilla sock. I cast on 48 stitches, knit 15 rounds in 2x2 rib, then 45 more rounds in stockinette, then a standard slipped-stitch heel, then pick up gusset stitches and decrease back to 48, and a star toe to finish. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete