Saturday, October 13, 2012

Autumn!

Fall is here in full force.  We had our first freeze last night, though some days next week will still reach into the 70s.  It’s a delightful time of year here.

I finished the first Charade sock in this VERY seasonal colorway:IMG_2060 This free pattern is perfect autopilot knitting (and the third time I’ve knit it).

Last weekend, I cast on for the Autumn Fern Mobius:

IMG_2071

You can’t see this yarn terribly well here.  It’s the Dream Club November 2011 yarn from Dream in Color, and it’s the Smooshy with Cashmere base (70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon).  The colorway is indescribable, and unnamed (except for “Dream Club November 2011”).  It’s a moody greyish purple-y green.  The greens aren’t showing up in this photo but trust me, they are present.  The red bit is my crochet provisional cast-on.  This mobius is knit as a strip (like a scarf) and then twisted once before the ends are grafted. 

I started the mobius while waiting for my Leaflet to dry.  I knit the body, finished the sleeves, wove in ends, and then blocked – and it took 2 days to dry.  Now I’m knitting the neckband on, and then it will be DONE.  In time for Rhinebeck next weekend!  Hopefully I can get some photos sometime this week, before we go.

While Leaflet was drying and I was contemplating which project to cast on, S1 decided she was in the market for a new scarf.  But something not too bulky.  I sent her to the sock yarn cabinet to “shop.”  She gravitated toward everything with cashmere in it, but none of the colorways were really speaking to her.  What was I supposed to do?!??  I ordered this skein of Shalimar Breathless:IMG_2068 It’s fingering weight – 75% superwash merino, 15% cashmere, and 10% silk.  She wants a simple scarf and we might use this pattern that I’ve knit before (though with fatter yarn).  I’ll use a US 4 or 5 needle so it’s nice and drapey.  This pattern is so simple that it may be my office knitting project until it gets too long.

Now, I have to get back to my Leaflet neckband.  I’ve just begun the bindoff.  I’m so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment