Saturday, November 8, 2008

Does this yarn go with my fabric?

ReproDepot delivers quickly! I ordered this Tuesday night and received it in Friday's mail. Nice. Plus, doesn't their business card match the fabric nicely?

To refresh your memory... this is the fabric that Sharon selected to line her felted bag that is her custom-designed Christmas gift. Now I need to select yarn. She wants basically the same three colors that are in the fabric - an olive green, an orange, and a yellow. I pulled out my color card for Knit Picks Wool of the Andes (100% Peruvian Highland Wool, very feltable) to see if there are good candidates here. What do you think? We think fern, daffodil, and pumpkin might work. They are not dead-on matches (but really, would I be able to get dead-on matches?) but they coordinate nicely. I wonder how I'm supposed to figure out how many balls to buy...

1 comment:

  1. Which pattern are you using? The one that you have pinned up in your studio workspace from Kristen Nicholas?

    ReplyDelete