Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ich gewann Wollmeise - wundervoll!


Wollmeise
Originally uploaded by JLW in PA

That's "I won Wollmeise - wonderful!" auf englisch. I am super excited that a won a blog contest that resulted in this lovely sock yarn. A week or two ago, Sheri at The Loopy Ewe had a contest to name her new hat/scarf model, who exhibits a decidedly 1940s flair. I suggested Tallulah, but the winning name was Ava. Still, I won one of the random number drawings, so I still get the great yarn!

This is an insanely generous hank of 100% merino superwash sock yarn (150 g, not the normal 100 g) in a semi-solid handpaint. The color is Granatapfel, which means "garnet apple" auf englisch. It is perfect for Valentine's Day (though no Valentine's socks will be knit in time for this year - still, maybe next!).

I've knit with Wollmeise one other time - they became a pair of Cat Bordhi's Sidestream Socks last summer. They were also red, but an orangey red, whereas this yarn has more bluey undertones.

Thanks, Sheri! The yarn is gorgeous.

2 comments:

  1. As you know, this red is one of my favorites! It looks beautiful. Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky woman! That's a shade of red I can get behind. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete