Monday, December 10, 2012

Fa la la la la

Christmas knitting continues! I finished the first Straightforward Mitt and am about halfway through the second one:IMG_0405

This piece is super stretchy but still grips the hand. That’s twisted rib for you…

IMG_0406I also finished my mochimochi person of snow that I started at the C3 party (Crafts, Cookies, & Cocktails):IMG_0400 It is so tiny! Here it is on my hand for scale:IMG_0402Somehow I neglected to take photos of the awesome rubber stamps that were created, but here’s a shot of some of the cookies. If you’ve known me for long, you know that dinosaurs are made whenever cutout sugar cookies are baked. The dinosaur represents the Spirit of the Sugar Cookie and is appropriate at ALL holidays.IMG_0394Boy 1 chose teal as the icing color (3 drops blue, 2 drops green!) and both kids helped decorate.

Here’s how Barb’s Person of Snow turned out! The scarf is very candy cane, don’t you think?Barb C3 Snowman 2012We went to a band concert this evening. If you haven’t heard a young person’s band play Ukranian Bell Carol (the rock version), then you’re not in the spirit of the season yet. Zippy!

2 comments:

  1. 'Tis the season for young people's band concerts -- and cookies! This post is getting me in the spirit, for sure.

    ReplyDelete