Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This and that

I’ve been knitting…

I started another pair of plain vanilla socks for Boy 1 when I needed something to knit at work. Right now, #1 is done and #2 is just begun. These are pretty boring from a knitter’s perspective, but they will get worn a lot. I made them a little long in the foot so they will fit next fall.

IMG_1003I started another pair of socks to take with me to a conference last week. My logic was this: if I took boring boy sock #2 with me, I would have finished it during the conference, thereby requiring me to pack TWO projects… so I might as well cast on a NEW project so I would only have to take one with me. This is a Monkey in progress for S1:IMG_1001I’ve also been knitting away on my Vodka Lemonade sweater. I’m nearly ready to separate the sleeves. It’s impossible to take a good picture of right now, but this will serve as proof that I’m well into the second ball of yarn:IMG_0993The seed stitch part is the collar. 

IMG_1000 What else? Oh! Part of Clara’s Great White Bale arrived at my house yesterday, along with a nifty tote bag that I will jealously guard. This is Saxon Merino fiber. It’s been scoured at Bollman’s in Texas, but not yet carded or combed (which would help get out the remaining non-wool bits).IMG_0996 I need to borrow some cards or combs to finish processing this so I can spin it! Maybe Annette has some she can lend me…?

2 comments:

  1. I just nominated you for the Liebster Award – I really enjoy reading your blog and think other people will too! Check out my latest post for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think, conference-knitting wise. Good call! And I didn't realize your yarn came via Texas! Can't wait to see the transformation.

    ReplyDelete