Thursday, April 8, 2021

Elemental Hat - Opal

I'm back with another sideways hat from Woolly Wormhead's Elemental collection - this one is called Opal and it represents the element of Air:

I used the Buoy DK yarn from Hipstrings for this one (just like I used for the first hat I knit, Toph) - though this time I went up a needle size, which make it a bit less stiff. It didn't seem to impact the gauge, which is good. I knit this on a 3.0mm needle, while the other one was on 2.75mm.

Here is how the hat looks after a single pattern repeat. It takes 7 repeats to complete the hat:


The wind motif is minimal and subtle - just 3 wavy lines. I love the way this "goldenrod" color looks against the blue.The color is best on the picture above.



Another hat done! That's four out of five in the booklet. I figure I may as well finish the set, so I've already cast on for the last one, which represents the element of Water. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your journey through the Elemental booklet and looking forward to seeing Water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been so focused on a single designer before. New territory, fun territory!

      Delete