Thursday, September 18, 2008

Top this!

I ordered some roving... this is from The Loopy Ewe. Above is Shepherd Wool Top from Lorna's Laces (100% superwash merino), colorway "Gold Hill," 5 oz. Below is 100% Targhee Top from Mountain Colors, colorway "Indian Corn," 4 oz. Clearly I was in an autumnal frame of mind when I chose these!
I have knit socks from both Lorna's Laces (Gentleman's Shooting Stockings) and Mountain Colors (Bearfoot Socks) and very much like their sock yarn, so I thought it was a safe bet to try their roving without seeing or touching it first.

Now I'm more motivated to finish the Coopworth!


2 comments:

  1. Now you can make your own sock yarn out of this cool stuff!

    How would you say buying a roving compares costwise with buying sockyarn (minus the labor, of course). I've always wondered about that.

    Nice colors. Autumn rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like getting something new to make you motivated to finish up on something currently on the needles!

    Good luck with the spinning. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    By the way, where are you with the lessons? Do you have some left or are you "on your own" now?

    ReplyDelete