Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life's a Beach?


Stansfield 30 in progress
Originally uploaded by JLW in PA

This is my latest pair of office socks. I'm using my standard sock pattern; the stitch pattern is "Stansfield 30" from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in an unnamed special colorway that I received from The Loopy Ewe Sock Club - but it reminds me of an old CTH colorway called "Life's a Beach." I ordered a skein of Life's a Beach from SSYC many years ago, but the yarn that arrived looked nothing like the web photo. Many months later, the SSYC blog said that CTH had changed their yarn base and that was affecting the colorways. I thought about reordering the "real" Life's a Beach but never did it.

Then, years later, this skein arrived, and I thought it was the reincarnation of that yarn I wanted so long before.

It's about time to put the heel on this baby.

1 comment:

  1. Really like that pattern! I'll have to try it. And I love the idea of using a water bottle as a sock model (until you get to the foot, that is ;-)

    ReplyDelete