Monday, June 22, 2009

KDO 2009 registration

I sent in my Knitters' Day Out 2009 registration a few weeks ago, and I recently received my confirmation and class schedule. This September, I'll be taking:

Patent Stitches, Merike Saarniit
Intermediate
Here’s the fast and efficient Estonian method of creating those luscious brioche-stitch patterns that are so rich in texture. This technique is also used for unique cables, ribs, and individual motifs that are sure to evoke “How’dyou DO that?!” comments. We’ll swatch all-over patterns, two-color patterns (where one color ‘net’ seems to float on a different color ground), individual motifs, and exotic-looking cables that don’t require a cable needle.

Rib-it, Rib-it, Dotty Kurtz
Beginner/Intermediate
How do you change a plain sweater to something more interesting? Just add a decorative ribbing to your sweater. Learn a variety of ribbing stitches from simple to more complex. Materials Fee: $4.00.
Merike Saarniit is one of the guest teachers this year. I figure the guest teachers are guests for a reason, so I wanted to take one guest class. Merike Saarniit is also teaching at Sock Summit 2009, though I'm not registered in one of her classes there (though Steven is). Maybe I can get some cool Estonian stitch patterns to incorporate into future socks.

Regular readers know how enamored I am of rib-based patterns. The Rib-it, Rib-it class focuses on ribbing in sweaters, which is useful, but I always have my eye out for interesting ribs to use in socks. Plus, how can you resist a class title like this one?

Kris and Julie are going to KDO this fall, also, but haven't received their class confirmations yet. I can't wait to hear about their schedules!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like just the coolest way to spend a weekend. We don't have anything like this around here.

    ReplyDelete