Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Life’s a Beach?

This seems to be a week for finishing – here is another pair of socks off the needles.  I’m calling these my Life’s a Beach (?) Socks because the colorway reminds me of Cherry Tree Hill’s old “Life’s a Beach” colorway (it’s really a Loopy Ewe Sock Club unnamed exclusive).IMG_3984

The stitch pattern is Stansfield 30, from Charlene Schurch’s More Sensational Knitted Socks.  I cast on 60 stitches and used my standard slip stitch heel and star toe. 

The combination of sproingy yarn and this stitch pattern results in a very squishy fabric.  The texture (and the greenness) remind me of moss – the kind you can’t help but touch when you see it by the side of the trail.

All in all, this was a great pattern – simple enough to be appropriate office knitting, and interesting enough to be, well, interesting for the knitter!  It works well with this handpainted yarn.  I got a little pooling in the ankle area, but not too much.  I can live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment