Monday, July 27, 2009

Long May She Wave (Mock Cable Wave Socks)

I finished the mock cable wave socks – aren’t they pretty?Mock Cable Wave Socks by you.

Just to refresh: these were knit from sKNITches sock yarn, a blend of 70% superwash merino, 20% bamboo, and 10% nylon.  The bamboo gives the yarn a bit of sheen but also made it kind of splitty when knitting.  I love the finished socks, but they were a bit difficult to knit.  I may knit this pattern again in a sproingier yarn.

Mock Cable Wave Socks by you.

Modifications: I only cast on 60 stitches with a US 0 (2 mm) needle, which the pattern says is “child-sized” but fits my US 7-7.5 foot just fine.  I extended the stitch pattern down the heel flap.  I finished with a star toe.  I only used the pattern for the stitch chart and did my own thing for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment