Thursday, August 18, 2011

Vodka Gimlet?

Oh, boy.  We now have a serious frontrunner for “Sweater Janelle Will Actually Knit This Winter” – the Vodka Gimlet (Rav link).  I totally stole that photo from the designer’s blog and you should go read all about it and peruse the other photos. 

I spied this on The Plucky Knitter blog – she will offer a kit with her Primo Worsted yarn and the pattern.  I don’t know all the details.  Like.. does the kit only come with the yarn color shown (which is “Barely Birch” and completely lovely) or does one get to choose a colorway (which could take me weeks)?

When I apply what I learned last year from Amy Herzog’s Fit to Flatter course, I think this would be a flattering design on me.  There are some beautiful details, but it also looks like it won’t require 100% of my knitting brainpower (like some all-over cabled sweaters do).  This seems very knittable.

I should do a little homework tonight and figure out what size I would knit… just in case I fall for this when it goes on sale tomorrow morning.

[…like I don’t have enough in my knitting queue already.  A zillion socks I must knit, plus a hat for Knitters’ Day Out and two slouchy fun fall/winter hats for S1, plus finishing my mom’s Pamuya for Christmas and making a Different Lines shawl for myself…]

Thoughts?

1 comment: