Sunday, May 19, 2013

America’s favorite flavor

IMG_1260 I don’t have any data to back this up, but I’m guessing it’s vanilla. And why not? It goes perfectly with so many things. One of them is self-striping sock yarn. Boy 1 has grown out of most of his handknit socks and points out to me rather regularly that he needs more. Last time I needed a mindless office project, I grabbed this ancient ball of Regia and cast on.IMG_1263You can see that I knit these at least 1/2” too long in the toe. This is intentional, because I want these to fit next fall when the weather starts cooling down again.

IMG_1275

Also in the “plain vanilla” category is the hat I started yesterday specifically so I’d have something to knit at the baseball game. This is a stash hat that is part of my Knitters’ Day Out registration fee. I’m using Knit Picks Swish Worsted (always a good idea to use washable yarn for charity knitting) in colors Lava Heather and Cobblestone. I’m throwing in a couple of grey stripes for fun. Otherwise, it’s a deep purple stockinette hat.

My handspun Clockwork is zipping along – I’ll have photos of that for you next time. And my Vodka Lemonade sweater only needs sleeves, so it’s progressing nicely.

The knitters gathered at my house this afternoon. Dave has started his Albers Cowl from the Miss Babs kit – these are his colors:IMG_1274I was inspired to wind my 7 mini-skeins in anticipation of casting on. Garter is so comforting. My little balls are ready to go once I finish one or two other things: IMG_1273 Can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be fantastic! And I really like your colors.

    ReplyDelete