Monday, September 30, 2013

More honey!

sharonhoney crop

Here is the second Honey Cowl, finished. The yarn is Valley Yarns Huntington (75% fine superwash merino, 25% nylon) so it’s not as luxurious as Great White Bale Lot 2, but it will be sturdy. The color is perfect for fall. And she likes it.sharonhoney crop 3 Since this yarn is smooth and plied, the honeycomb pattern really pops. So pretty.

Remember my experiment with the CO number? I cast on an odd number of stitches to see if the beginning of the round would look less seamlike. What do you think?P1010737It’s still noticeable but it feels a little less rigid than the first one. Here they are together: P1010736If I make this again, I would use an odd number.

In other news, are you in line for a CustomFit account with Amy Herzog? I am, and I’m stressing over swatches. Nothing seems quite good enough. I probably have a bit of time to keep swatching, though, since I’m 537 in the queue. I’ll report back on my swatching in a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the color. This is my go to pattern for presents - I made 6 last year for Christmas. I just love how it shows off a great skein of yarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing her face under the words "more honey!" It makes me giggle for some reason. That color is so her, and I really do think it goes great with the pattern. I agree -- the odd number of cast-on stitches does seem to seam a bit less obtrusively. The whole thing looks like three or four lacy layers of cowl are stacked on top of each other. Nice!

    ReplyDelete