Monday, March 23, 2015

…another scarf

IMG_5628

I repeated the same exact idea for Scarf #3 as I did for Scarf #2, with one small change: hemstitch. See how subtle the top of the fringe is? I like this hemstitch treatment way more than the overhand knots. Here are overhand knits, for comparison:IMG_5596 The warp is more Cascade 220 Superwash left over from a wedding blanket (this is the army green color from Jess’s blanket), and the weft is Interlacements Tiny Toes from very, very deep in my sock yarn stash. It’s 100% superwash and I would not use it for socks now.IMG_5630S1 picked this combo and it came out quite well. She wanted the exact same measurements. It’s 52 1/2” long and 5 7/8” wide. I used 32 grams of sock yarn and 37 grams of warp.

Next I might try warping double strands of fingering through my 8-dent heddle.

I finished the blue sweater but it hasn’t been photographed. One day, probably in the middle of summer, I’ll surprise you with it!

2 comments:

  1. You are making weaving look very enticing! I've begun to craft my rationalization about how I could really use up stash if I invested in a loom, so I may be looking soon due to your enabling. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those greens are beautiful. I love the hem edge on the new scarf. I don't know enough to describe why, but it looks neater and tidier and overall more professionally finished. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete