Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More ornaments (Kristin Nicholas-style)

Now we’re getting serious.  Kristin Nicholas has posted a free ornament pattern on her blog – there is a crochet version and a knit version:


This reminds me that I still haven’t gotten around to making Kristin’s 2008 ornaments, which I liked very much:

The 2008 version is felted.  Looks like the 2009 version is just knitted (or crocheted) and then glued to cardstock to make it stiffer.

Boy 1 is home sick today with a fever.  I wonder if I could convince him to try some embroidery on an ornament if I knit the base part?

In case YOU get the fever (Christmas ornament fever, that is!), here is more to take off the edge (just previous posts, all collected in one place):

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THESE! Thanks for the links. I can't wait to get into Christmas ornament knitting beginning tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't gotten into Christmas ornament knitting. I may do this between now and the end of January. The two Kristin Nicholas ornaments that you sent to us look fabulous on our tree. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete